Search what you may like

Google
Check Latest Posts on our Friends' Blogs

Friday, June 27, 2008

Will it happen in India ?

City council of Huntington of Virginia state of America decided to increase mayor's salary and allowance. Mayor David Falington was really doing excellent work for development of the city. City council decided to increase the salary from 62,000 US $ to 90,000 US $.

Surprisingly enough, when mayor came to know about this, he objected. He didn't say the salary is less, but he said "it's too much." and was not ready to accept the offer. City council offered to accept at least 80,000.

During discussion, he said there are lot of works to be done for betterment of city and huge funds will be required to complete the work. And so I do not want any increase in my salary.

He was not pretending. He has warned the council that if the proposal is passed, I will cancel it using my vote. Not only that I will propose to reduce my current salary.

I wish at least one politician in India follow him.

Other Articles :

No comments: